When we were last in Silverthorne seeing the sights a nice lady in Bath and Body Works told us about a magazine that we needed to find that would tell us about all the fun stuff that would be happening around here. It was free so we searched for it and found it. We found out that in just a couple weeks there was going to be what is called, "The BBQ at the Summit" we definitely wanted to check it out. We found out that just a few more miles away in Frisco was going to be a Art Fair. So we decided just to make a whole amazing day of it. The BBQ wasn't opening til 11 to we decided to add another must while we were in the area. Hike up Gore Canyon. We have the most beautiful view of Gore Canyon from our little apartment, and we found out that there was a great short hike that went up it a ways, so that was the first thing we accomplished on our amazing saturday. The hike was so pretty, right along the Colorado river. At the head of the trail was a whole bunch of people with the white water rafting companies, but we headed the other direction and we didn't see anyone else on the trail, it was so peaceful. I hadn't been hiking in forever and it was so nice to get back on a beautiful trail. Pictures don't do Colorado justice, so just multiply the beauty that you see in the pictures by 10 and you'll see what we saw.
We did eventually hike back to our car and headed to Silverthorne. We found the BBQ right in downtown Dillon. Hundreds of vendors came from all over to sell their amazing BBQ! If only we had more money we would have been there all day! But we tried some of the best, our favorite was Rats Woodshack BBQ, they definitely knew what they were doing! It so hard to walk away from the amazing smelling downtown, but we ran out of money so it was just torture to stay any longer! It was so fun to just wander through and see all the vendors, one of them had a huge grill that seemed like it went on forever covered in delicious looking meat!
After the BBQ we headed to Frisco just on the other side of the reservoir where they were having an art fair. Again mainstreet was blocked off for the fair, and it went all the way down with local artists work. It was so fun to go through and pick out painting that we would want to hang in our future home. I loved seeing all the art, I think I could have walked through there all day, they had everything from sculpture, to photography, to miniature pictures made out of pebbles placed just right. On the other end of town was a peaceful park that had a bunch of the old buildings from the area when the town was established forever ago. One of our favorite things that we did this summer while we were back in Rexburg was to go up into Montana and go through the old ghost towns, these buildings were a little bit different but it was still really cool to walk through them, Zane even locked me in jail, and we watched the toy train set in the school house.
I have never seen so many sail boats before! Dillon reservoir was always covered in them. We wandered over to the docks to look at all the beautiful sail boats. On our way back to Kremmling we found another one of our future homes, but this one is definitely my favorite, I want this house someday! Or atleast build a home a lot like it. It is a gorgeous log home, haha it was even for sale! I wish there was a way to put dibs on a house, so in how ever many years we can just have it then!
Overall I was amazing at how much we fit in one day, before we even we home we went out for pizza at Chicago Pizza and went to the movies and saw Inception which was also amazing. It's days like those that I think I'm so happy I have my best friend with me to go exploring with, I love trying and doing new things with Zane, I don't think I could ever get tired of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment