Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Amazing Easter Sunday!

The Easter bunny came a little early this year. Zane and I have had to be apart for a week while he finished up his internship in Kremmling, and I've been working in Denver, but he got to come back a little earlier than he thought for the weekend. Sadly he still had to go help the guys installing security systems for a couple hours before I got to see him, but finally he came home! We went out to eat at Texas Road House, and then just spent the night hanging out. Saturday, he had to go back out with the guys working for the day, but that night Zane (the Easter bunny) set up a nice little jelly bean trail for me to find our Easter basket. Awesome walmart Easter basket with water guns! Haha! And of course cadbury eggs and reeses peanut butter eggs, it was awesome.
But then on Easter Morning we got to celebrate the true reason for this wonderful holiday. Which didn't start out as well as I'd hoped. I wasn't feeling very well at all that morning, my stomach was just in knots! But it was stake conference in our new ward for the summer, and we found out last week that we were going to be able to come and listen to an apostle of the Lord, Elder L. Tom Perry, and I knew there was no way I was going to miss out on that! So I got ready as best I could and we left for the stake center nice and early hoping to get a good seat. Everyone else was thinking like we were though, and there was already plenty of people there, which is great, but it was soooo hot in that room! And with me not feeling well it definitely didn't help. I tried sipping on water and chewing gum, but nothing was working, so I told Zane that I was just going to go out and stand in the hallway by the door with the cool breeze, which felt so much better than the hot stuffy room.
I stood out there for quite a while and was trying to decide if I was going to be able to make it back in for the meeting, but then I look up and there, bounding down the hall was a tall man with a familiar face, not because I had ever met him before, but I recognized that smile since I was in primary. Elder L. Tom Perry walked right up to me as if he was greeting an old friend, "And how are you doing this morning?" "I"m doing very good" "Well good! We expect you do be so!" and he shook my hand and kept walking. It was amazing and so unexpected, I was giddy! And amazingly enough I really did feel good, I went back into the hot stuffy room that didn't feel so bad anymore and was able to sit through the whole meeting. Which I am so grateful for, I was able to sit with my husband and friends and listen to the talks and testimonies of those sharing that Easter Sunday, including that great man, L. Tom Perry.


What a blessing it was to have my own testimony strengthened of the love my Savior Jesus Christ has for me, and how much I love Him. Easter is a holiday that had definitely changed for me since I've been growing up, it is such a great time to just think more about my Savior and all that He has done for me. I have no doubt that He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment